Welcome to the Library. Here you’ll find some reference books that I have used over the years to help me write scenarios, as study guides for painting and to simply delve more deeply into the fascinating history of World War II.
Here I try to break the library down into categories that might meet your interest depending on the type of research you might be doing.
If you have any book suggestions, please do let me know. I really enjoy reading books in general. This list will no doubt continue to grow and I’ll try to add comments to each of the items to give you a better idea of the contents.
Holding Juno: Canada’s Heroic Defence of the D-Day Beaches: June 7-12, 1944
Brummbär “Providing excellent reference and ideas for some new scenarios.”
World War II Tactics and Organization
- Panzer Tactics
Brummbär – Great book! Loaded with pictures (pg.226 top is the craziest!) and tactical field maps, this book is a must have in my collection.
- Order of Battle – German Panzers in WWII
- Order of Battle – German Infantry in WWII
- Order of Battle – Western Allied Forces of WWII
- Osprey Elite – Infantry Tactics (Company and Battalion)
- Osprey Elite – Infantry Assault Tactics
- Osprey Elite – Infantry Anti-Tank Tactics
- Osprey Elite – Desert Tactics
Scenario Writing Research
- Atlas of World War II
- The Campaign for North Africa
- War Maps
- Panzer Grenadier Division: Grossdeutschland
- Barbarossa – The First 7 Days
- Bloody Victory: Canadians and the D-Day Campaign 1944
- Osprey Campaign Series – Falaise
- Osprey Campaign Series – Rhine Crossings
- Osprey Campaign Series – Siegrfried Line
- Osprey Campaign Series – Caen
- The D-Day Dodgers: The Canadians in Italy, 1943-1945
Brummbär – My ‘go to’ for my Italian and Sicily scenarios
Painting and Camouflage References
- The Military Hardware of World War II
- Osprey – The Churchill Tank
- German Tanks of World War II
- Western Allied Tanks 1939-45
- Tanks and Weapons of World War II
- German Tanks and Fighting Vehicles of World War II
- Wehrmacht Panzer Divisions 1939-45
WWII Historical Accounts
- Rommel and Patton – by Richard Rohmer
Brummbär – An excellent and compelling account of what alternate reality was in the works.
Here are some of the links that I have found to be very informative when looking for painting reference etc…
If you know of any good links, let me know and I’ll add them here.
Last Square – I think they sell Perrin’s? (They do! Thanks Red Zebra! He says “Just go to >historical miniatures > 10mm > Perrin Miniatures.
I really like their service!”) You can buy Beacon decals from them I’m sure. Will verify though.
I-94 Enterprises – Great selection of decals for your 10mm miniatures.
Tank markings for Italy From the Flames of War website, excellent markings reference
Markings Decals for vehicles, but also a good reference
Axis History Factbook: Armor Camouflage & Markings (Soviet Union)
Axis History Factbook: Home Great site in general but very useful for markings and color schemes
German tank colours Panzerworld is a great site in general for WWII reference
Panzerphotos.dk – photographs of Germany’s World War II Panzers Good photos of the panzers!
http://matadormodels.co.uk/tank_museum/xcamo_ww2germany.htm Good break down of what colors were used when in regards to the panzers
Memoir ’44 game page on Board Game Geek. A lot of good resources and a great community here.
Memoir ’44 Campaign Book Volume I entry on Board Game Geek.
Memoir ’44 Campaign Book Volume II entry on Board Game Geek.
M44 Brigade – A M’44 league for Dutch players
Federation Francaise Memoire ’44 – A French M’44 League
Tide of Iron
Tide of Iron – entry on Board Game Geek, lot’s of good resources here.
Tide of Iron on Wikipedia – Good entry that covers off the game pretty well.